Reasons to Try Coffee Scrubs and Facials
Smooth, Bright SkinLike any good exfoliator, a coffee scrub will slough off dead cells from your skin, encouraging cell turnover. Better skin hydration is one of the effects of the caffeine in the scrub, and that can cause the collagen in your skin to look firmer and plumper. Gently scrubbing off old skin cells can also open up your pores and inhibit acne from forming.
Protection from Sun Damage
Studies have revealed a possible link between high coffee consumption and lower incidence of skin melanomas (cancers). It stands to reason that applying the coffee directly to your face could have the same benefits. Cocoa powder is rich in antioxidants too, so there are a bunch of antioxidants in a coffee and cocoa facial scrub, providing protection from the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
Less Redness and PuffinessCaffeine inhibits inflammation that can lead to red, puffy skin. At the same time, exfoliation draws more nourishment to the skin through improved circulation. Caffeine also constricts blood vessels to minimize puffiness under the eyes.
Improved Blood CirculationBlood carries nutrients to the skin and other parts of the body. Regular use of facial scrubs improves circulation and directs blood flow toward the skin. Once or twice a week is enough, and moisturizing after a scrub is recommended. You can also combine coffee with emollients like carrier oils to hydrate your skin and improve absorption of the caffeine and other compounds.
Companion Ingredients for Coffee Scrubs and Facials• Argan Oil, Sweet Almond Oil or Coconut Oil – These are high-quality oils, and they all have beneficial properties that contribute to healthy and beautiful skin.
• Cocoa powder is full of antioxidants, the same as coffee, and it contributes to protection against sun damage.
• Honey traps moisture in the skin, and it's an antibacterial agent that fights acne.
• Raw sugar contains glycolic acid, an ingredient that moisturizes your skin and protects it from toxins.
• Yogurt contains lactic acid to soothe and soften dry skin.
Coffee and Coconut Oil Facial Scrub
This is a great scrub for dry skin, and it will work for oily skin, too. If your skin tends to be very oily, though, you can follow up by washing your face with a gentle lotion soap.
• 2 tbsp fresh coffee grounds
• 1 tbsp coconut oil, warmed
• 1 tbsp raw sugar
• Glass ramekin or ceramic coffee cup
1. Place the ramekin with coconut oil inside it on a stove burner at the lowest setting.
2. Combine the coffee and sugar in a small container and mix well.
3. When the oil is mostly melted, gradually add the mixed coffee grounds and raw sugar.
4. Apply to your face in the shower using gentle, circular motions.
5. Rinse off and pat skin dry with a soft cloth.
Homemade Coffee and Cocoa Face MaskIn this recipe, you can use instant coffee or freshly brewed coffee grounds. Yogurt is the best ingredient for oily skin, and coconut oil can be substituted if you have dry skin.
• 2 tbsp coffee
• 2 tbsp cocoa powder
• 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
• 1 tbsp honey
1. Mix ingredients together well and spread over forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. Be careful not to get any in your eyes.
2. Let the mask dry on your skin for about 15-20 minutes.
3. Rinse the mask off in the shower using gentle, circular motions.
4. Pat skin dry with a soft cloth.
5. Apply moisturizer.
Can this scrub is harmful for summer because of caoacnut oil and how many times we use it in a week