1. Olive OilOlive oil, along with its friends emu oil, coconut oil, and almond oil contain powerful antioxidants and vitamins that reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Olive oil is high in vitamins E and A to combat free radicals, which can damage skin. Massaging the oil once or twice a day into the skin can help to restore and renew skin with long-lasting hydration.
2. Aloe Vera
The aloe vera plant is a potent wrinkle reducer. It is full of malic acid, which helps with skin elasticity. You can simply break a leaf off of an aloe plant and apply the fluid to your face for 20 minutes, or you can mix it with the contents of a vitamin E capsule, apply, and rinse off after 30 minutes.
3. FenugreekThe leaves, seeds, and oil of the fenugreek plant all contain vitamins and minerals that plump up the skin and reduce wrinkles. The leaves can be grounded, mixed with water, and applied as a paste overnight for a wrinkle-fighting sleep mask. You can also wash your face with water that you boiled the seeds in, or you can apply fenugreek oil directly onto the wrinkle areas.
Ginger is full of antioxidants, and it also helps to maintain higher levels of elastin in the skin. Elastin keeps the skin looking full and wrinkle-free. You can drink two cups of ginger tea daily. Additionally, you can snack on bits of ginger all day long or mix it with one tablespoon of honey once daily.
5. BananasBananas are well known for their high potassium levels, but they're also chock full of other vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. When used twice a week, they can reduce wrinkles. First, you can mash up a ripe banana, apply to your wrinkles for 20 minutes, rinse the paste off, and apply your favorite moisturizer. You can also mix it with honey and avocado, apply, and wash off after 20 minutes.
Carrots are a fantastic source of vitamin A, which smooths the skin, and they promote collagen production, which improves skin resiliency. Start with cooked carrots that are soft to the touch, add honey, and leave on the face for 30 minutes. You can also reap the benefits by including raw carrots in your daily diet.
7. Lemon JuiceLemon juice is high in citric acid, and it can work to clean and brighten your skin. Two to three times a day, you can apply a small amount of lemon juice to your face, leave it on for five to 10 minutes, and then rinse off. You can also use a mask of a teaspoon each of lemon juice, yogurt, and honey for 20 minutes a day.
8. PineappleBromelain, one of the potent ingredients found in pineapple, is an enzyme that works hard to purge dead skin cells, reduce inflammation, and improve skin elasticity. Added to that, pineapple is also full of vitamins, minerals, and vitamin C for skin health. To use, rub wedges of fresh pineapple onto the skin, leave on for 20 minutes, and wash off.
Drinking a sufficient amount of water every day is a powerful tool to fight wrinkles. Without sufficient water intake, the skin can become dehydrated and accentuate the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Be sure to drink at least 64 ounces of pure, filtered water daily for best results.
10. CucumberSimilar to the benefits of water itself, cucumbers are a great way to hydrate yourself and keep your skin looking healthy. They can help to tighten and plump up the skin. To use, combine half a cucumber with three teaspoons of yogurt in a blender, apply mask to face, and wash off after 15 minutes. Use daily for best results.
11. Egg WhitesIn addition to being full of vitamins and minerals, an egg white mask can also be a great way to firm up the skin, which reduces the depth of wrinkles. To create an egg white mask, beat the whites of three eggs well, place on wrinkles, and rinse off after 5-10 minutes. You can use this daily.
12. PapayaThe potent enzymes in papaya help to slouch off dead skin cells and promote the regenerate of healthy skin cells. Consider using fresh papaya daily to repair the damage from wrinkles. Combine pieces of fresh papaya with one teaspoon of honey, apply to the affected area, and wash off after 20 minutes.
Avocado is full of skin-boosting vitamin E. It feeds and smooths the skin for impressive improvement. For a quick mask, mash a ripe avocado, coat face with a smooth layer of green, and rinse off after 20 minutes. The best results occur when this is done three times a week.
14. Powdered Milk and HoneyPowdered milk is full of nutrients that hydrate and tighten skin. Honey, especially when raw and locally sourced, contains natural antimicrobial properties that keep the skin looking young and fresh. Combine four tablespoons of powdered milk with two tablespoons each of raw honey and milk. Apply to the face for 10 minutes, and wash off.
15. Coconut OilCoconut oil is full of enzymes that fight bacteria and fungi to create clean, healthy skin. It is also rich in antioxidants that can combat free radicals, and damage from free radicals can result in wrinkles. To use, gently massage melted coconut oil (not hot) onto your face each night. Leave it on while sleeping, and wash your face with warm water in the morning.
Many potent wrinkle-reducing remedies can be found in the kitchen of your own home. From drinking more water to a wide variety of facial masks, these ingredients can renew your skin and refresh your appearance with daily or weekly use.