Figs Contain Antioxidants
One of the main reasons that the fig has been promoted as an anti-cancer fruit is that each fig contains a vast store of antioxidants. As you age, free radicals attack all your body systems, including the skin. Antioxidants are substances that eliminate these free radicals, leading to better health.
In early times, figs could be dried and stored for long trips or for sustenance when other crops were scarce. Over time, people began to realize that figs not only tasted delicious but also had medicinal benefits. A recent study in Japan indicated that substances found in figs may actively attack cancer cells. The antioxidants, fatty acids and vitamins in the fig also make it an obvious choice for beauty products designed to protect and restore the skin cells on your face.
The bulk of the fiber in figs encourages regular elimination and prevents constipation. Not only does the high fiber content in figs keep your digestive tract moving, but the antioxidants fight free radicals that could lead to colon cancer. Figs also contain some of the vitamins and nutrients your intestinal tract needs to stay healthy.
Figs are beneficial to the heart in several ways. Fig leaf extract has been found to lower high triglyceride and cholesterol levels, both of which can lead to heart disease. Figs can also increase the amount of 'good' cholesterol in your blood, and the fruit's anti-inflammatory properties can help prevent the blood clots that have been linked to heart attacks.
How do figs rejuvenate my skin?
Direct application allows your skin to absorb nutrients and antioxidants: they are also rich in healing and hydrating substances
- Direct application allows your skin to absorb nutrients and antioxidants: Figs are beneficial to all the body systems including the skin, the largest organ of your body. I've shared tips before about the benefits of vitamins like C and A and the ways they nourish and rejuvenate the delicate skin on your face. Figs not only contain high concentrations of these and other vitamins, they are also rich in healing and hydrating substances like copper, manganese and phosphorus. Applying beauty products containing fig extract directly to your face allows these nourishing substances to penetrate the protective layer of oil, giving your skin the greatest benefit.
Fig facial scrub provides exfoliation while it delivers vitamins and nutrients:
- Fig facial scrub provides exfoliation while it delivers vitamins and nutrients: Healing substances are absorbed better when they're delivered at the same time that your dead skin cells are being sloughed off. A fig facial scrub delivers the fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants for your face to a deeper layer where they can be effectively absorbed. You can rid your skin of impurities with a fig facial scrub at the same time you're applying some of the best natural substances for rejuvenating your skin.
Figs help skin retain moisture:
- Figs help skin retain moisture: Figs are excellent for moisturizing the skin, and fig paste is sometimes used as a balm to heal dry, chapped lips. The fatty acids present in figs are part of the reason they're effective at healing and moisturizing. These are the same omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that help strengthen blood vessels and make them more flexible.
Figs can help eliminate acne and other skin conditions:
- Figs can help eliminate acne and other skin conditions: One of the reasons that figs are helpful in getting rid of acne is that they remove toxins from the face, especially in a fig facial scrub. Beyond that, figs deliver vitamins and minerals that are needed for glowing, healthy skin. Also, when figs hydrate the skin it discourages the production of too much sebum. This is a waxy substance that helps skin retain moisture but can also encourage acne outbreaks if it builds up too much.
Fig extract is good for the hair and scalp: fig extract can prevent dandruff and dry, itchy scalp while nourishing your hair
- Fig extract is good for the hair and scalp: Products that contain fig extract can prevent dandruff and dry, itchy scalp while nourishing your hair. The moisturizing properties of figs benefit all of the skin, including the scalp. That's why shampoos and conditioners that include fig extract can soothe eczema and dermatitis. Also, the vitamins and enzymes that are delivered to your scalp encourage better blood circulation, leading to healthier hair.
Why is it important to keep my skin healthy?
All of the vitamin, nutrient and antioxidant benefits of figs will help you end up with the healthiest skin possible. The moisturizing properties of figs will not only improve the hydration of your skin but will allow better delivery of the beneficial substances in figs.
Healthy skin has two primary functions, keeping bad things like bacteria and atmospheric pollutants out of your body and retaining your body's moisture. Keeping your pores unclogged also allows healthy sweating, which can cool you down and release unwanted toxins at the same time. The beneficial substances in figs will help your skin accomplish these things.
Keeping your skin exfoliated and well-nourished is the foundation of having the most beautiful skin you can. Hydrated skin has enough water content to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles that would otherwise be more pronounced, and this leads to a more youthful appearance. Healthy, glowing skin is a goal for anyone who wants to look their best, and you can achieve this objective if you treat your skin right.
An Ancient Fruit with Modern Benefits
Today, we have a more exact method of breaking down the reasons for all the ways figs contribute to good health. Hair and beauty products that contain fig extract can help you keep your skin and hair healthy. Eating figs can improve your digestion and heart health. Long ago, people in the Middle East and Asia realized the benefits of the fig. We now know that, both nutritionally and medicinally, it's a remarkable fruit.